Thursday, July 24, 2008

ENGAGED

Joey and I are now happily engaged! This is how it went down:

July 14th at about 7pm

Melis was on the office phone at the Alaska Mountaineering School talking to Caitlin about the rations necessary for their next expedition (meanwhile Joey was out back drinking a beer- gaining courage for the big question).


Joey walked into the office and looked antsy. He asked to speak to Caitlin and then got on the phone and said, "Hey Caitlin, do you mind if Melis calls you back in 5 minutes?" Then Joey hung up.

Next, Joey got down on one knee and took my hand. He said, "Melis, I am sure there is probably a better time and place for this, and when that time comes I will ask you again, but I have to do this right now." (His voice was shaky) "Melis I want to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?"

I was surprised and taken off guard. I could hardly believe the words coming out of his mouth. However, I think I was still able to answer with a big "Of course!" before Joey had hardly finished his sentence.

We then went outside to smooch and get some fresh air as Joey's legs regained their strength.

"The spot" is now marked on the floor of the office with a piece of duct-tape.

We currently don't have a plan or wedding date set so stay tuned........

--Melis Coady



7 comments:

Joey said...

Leave your messages here!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We love the tape.

Lisa, Will, Lauren and Ellie

jme said...

WOOO HOOOOO!!!!

onjay said...

Congratulations Joey! I'm excited for you Melis!!!

judycoady said...

The perfectly unconventional announcement from the perfectly suited unconventional couple.

I wish you lots of love and laughter. Judems

Mrs Loomy said...

I thought Luscious Loomy and I were the weirdest, most romantic couple around... It seems we have competition! Congratulations you guys! Can we have a "How long will the wedding kiss be?" poll?

tb said...

Congratulations to both of you - two of the kindest people I know!May you live long and fulfilling lives TOGETHER...